Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Anybody here work for Direct TV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Anybody here work for Direct TV?

    If so please respond or pm me. Basically I need help putting up an HD Dish. I purchased the dish online and thought I could put it up myself but couldn't. DirectTV will put it up for 100 bux, I'm trying to find somebody to put it up for me (I'll pay). The dish is up it just needs to be tuned in.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody here work for Direct TV?

    I would say that Direct is similar to Dish in the respect that both dishes have to be tuned with a certain tool the installation techs use. While I had Dish, some idiot backed over my pole and knocked it down. I had to put a new one up myself, but forgot to bring one of those tools home. The way the receiver worked was it would put out a signal and a loud tone when the dish was tuned. So I cranked my surround system up, got out in the yard, and turned the dish back and forth toward the southwest. When it got the tone, I just adjusted it finely until I got the best signal and locked down the screws. Might have been awkward, but it saved the cost of another installer coming out.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody here work for Direct TV?

    Yea, I've had no trouble installing the older dishes. This new HD dish has been a real pain though. I used to do that as well with the sound on the signal meter, this one doesn't do that though.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •